What can we say and do as a friend, family member, neighbor, employer, co-worker, service provider, OKDHS Case Manager, individual and community?
Seven things to say to a victim reluctant to leave a violent situation or returning to a violent situation:
1. I am afraid for your safety.
2. I am afraid for the safety of your children.
3. It will only get worse.
4. I am here for you when you are ready to leave.
5. You deserve better than this; it’s not your fault.
6. Let’s figure out a safety plan for you and your children.
7. What do you need and how can I help?